Wednesday, May 19, 2010

short fun story

i posted earlier that i've moved to a new position. and i'm the type that wants to be resident expert immediately. village idiot doesn't suit me. i have a VERY hard time asking for help, but this job has humbled me....as does every new job i start. so needless to say, in my pursuit of said 'resident expert' i've been working late to get everything done.

tuesday night i got home around 715. i pulled in the driveway to see drew and lana hanging out in the front yard. they were looking at the birds in the tree. such a cute picture to see.

but the best part was when lana saw my car...i don't think she could see IN at me, because the windows are a dark tint. as soon as she saw my car, i could see her mouth start saying "momma!" over and over! doesn't it just melt your heart? now she could always SAY momma, but i've been really working for her to understand that like her daddy, i have a name. and it's momma. (boy does she know daddy).

that was the sweetest thing i couldve come home to. love it.

1 comment:

Zach and Alyson said...

so glad that she knows that you are momma now. that's such a good feeling, I'm sure!

Alyson