Friday, July 10, 2009

anniversary

i couldn't let today end without acknowledging how special it is! today is the anniversary of finding out i was pregnant! i'm not going to go into all the details of the day, because honestly, july 10, 2008 was the scariest day of my life. a year later, i couldn't be more happy (well, i could if i wasn't working! HA!) but really. I was terrified of becoming a mom. i thought i would have kids MUCH later in life. that was my plan, anyway. who knew that God had a different one?! doesn't he always? :) but i'm so thrilled with how things have turned out. funny how i can't even imagine how life was pre-lana. i don't know what i'd be doing right now if she weren't here. she's such a blessing to me. and such a welcomed surprise.

so, thank you, Lord, for surprises! and for having plans that don't coincide with ours! drew and i are so lucky!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I know how you feel....I had that feeling 6 months ago when I took my test and now I can't wait to meet my little girl in Oct! oh by the way Lana is sooo cute!!!