Thursday, September 18, 2008

90% accuracy...

so, we went to the doctor today. supposedly, if the baby cooperated, she could tell us what it is with 90% accuracy. the doc said she'd only been wrong 1 time in 3 years. i'd say that's pretty good odds! and did you know that if they say its a boy, it'll stay a boy. but if it's a girl, there's still a chance it could be a boy? wow. when we first got started looking at the baby on the screen, he/she wasn't cooperating. we had to keep pushing on my stomach to make it wiggle around. guess it's a modest little one (like it's mommy!) because he/she didn't wanna open his/her legs to show us the goods. so, after much poking & prodding, the doc announced (in her 90% accuracy voice) 'it's a girl'. hmm....i really don't know how to react to that. i'm honestly still in shock. but as mentioned above, she can still change to a boy (it's not that i'm hoping for this....i just REALLY thought it was a boy!)! so we'll just wait & see, and if it stays a girl, great. if it turns to a boy, great. i just really thought it was a boy, though. i mean, look at the poll! everyone else did too! what's up with this? i'll still love her just the same, but again, i'm in shock. i really only know how to deal with boys (having 4nephews 4 & under).....so i'm gonna have to brush up on my girly side (which has vacated since getting married...haha....too much ESPN can do that to anyone).

but baby is very healthy...a little bigger for her gestation than normal, but not by much. and i've only gained 3 lbs (at the end of my 16th week). so i'm looking pretty good myself. i haven't started to show or anything...just look a little thicker in the middle. so i'm gonna hold off on pictures until i actually look preggers. sorry. i know you've been waiting! :)

is anyone else still in shock?????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted girl. Not because of any feeling, just to be counter-cultural. :)

Congrats, that's so exciting!

texasholls said...

After I saw your status update on facebook I rushed over here thinking that you were going to tell everyone that you were having twin. Whew! I'm glad that it's just that it was a girl instead of a boy. Girls rule! How exciting to already get to find out. I have to wait until almost the end of November. :(

Zach and Alyson said...

YEA... my prediction came true. I was totally voting girl, but I just never actually voted on your poll. I'm so happy for y'all... now it's time to start thinking names!

Sarah Kirksey said...

I voted girl, too! :) How fun! Now I'm wondering if our kids will be having dates or sleepovers later in life! :) I'll find out 2 weeks from today...pretty excited about that one.

How've you been feeling the last couple of days? Do I need to call you?? :)

Shevawn said...

Yea for girls! We love girls! Glad you are feeling a little better. Sorry we've missed you in group the past few weeks. Can't wait to see you!

Shevawn said...

thank you for your prayers!